Project management is simple to process & activity for planning, motivating, organizing, or controlling resources, procedures & rules to achieve particular goals in scientific and daily problems.
Some project management methodologies are as follows:
Project management in the new sense began in the earliest 1950s; driven through businesses that realized the benefits of organizing work about projects, & the critical want to be communicate & co-ordinate work across departments or professions.
Project mgt. methodologies consist of four – five process groups, or a control the system. No matter of the methodology and terminology used; project management uses the same basic activities. Process groups generally include:
- Planning and Design.
- Monitoring and Controlling.
Whole projects start with a thought for a product; service; or other desirable result. The initiation activity group finds out the nature or range of the project. When in this stage, it is not done well; it’s un-likely the project volition successful in meeting & the business’s needs.
The 1st project paper document is the project engage, which includes:
- Business case.
- Scope and deliverables.
- Resources needed.
- Mile stone plan & timeline.
- Cost estimate.
- Risks and issues.
Planning & Design:
After introduction; the project is plan to a specific degree of detail. The primary reason is to plan the time, cost & resources adequately to figure of the work needed & to handle risk effectively throughout project run.
Project planning includes:
- Developing the scope statement.
- Developing the schedule (Gantt chart).
- Developing the budget.
- Selecting the team.
- Making work breakdown architecture.
- Identifying deliverables.
- Risk planning.
- Communication planning.
Execution include of the activities used to complete the work explained in the PM plan; to achieve the project’s goal. The execution activity includes coordinating people & resources, as well as integrating or performing the processes of the project. The deliverables are released as an output from the activity performed as explained in the PM plan.
The monitoring & controlling process group includes managing or tracking the project, so possible problems can be distinguish quickly & corrective action taken.
Monitoring and controlling includes:
- Evaluating the ongoing project processes.
- Monitoring the project variables quantity (cost; scope; effort) against the PM plan & the project base line.
- Identifying corrective activities to the address risks & issues.
- Handling the changes of using our change control activity.
Project closing is the important part of PM; sometimes missed. A project i.e. not closed will be continued to consume the resources.
Closing the project means closed all activities over all process groups, dividing the project team, or signing off the project with customer.
At this indication; it is important to know how easily the project has processed. It is executed using the project completion report.
The ten knowledge areas are:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholders Management